- Login to steam.
- Click on the download link provided then open steam.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install to your local drive.
The Face of Mankind Deluxe Edition is an amazing deal when starting off as it includes the following:
- An Elementum token (once activated from your inventory, it provides 30 days of premium gameplay)
- Immediate access to a penthouse apartment, featuring extra storage slots and more space over the small default apartment
- Black "Incognito" Clothing for your character (both male and female top, pants, and shoes)
- Black "Incognito" Shades (sunglasses) for your character
- 30 days of 10% faster skill training
- Additional 10,000 Universal Credits (in-game virtual currency) upon creation of your character
Face of Mankind: Fall of the Dominion is a game about a potential future, far removed from human civilization as we know it. Driven by memories of violence, overcrowding and a depletion of all natural resources, mankind has left Earth to seek out remote locations among the stars to begin anew. All across the galaxy colonies were built, connected through a series of gates referred to as the Vortex Network. From its seat of power in Manhattan, a single government known only as the Dominion controlled all of humanity.
Now the Dominion has fallen and anarchy is soon to spread across the stars. New empires will rise and fall, blood will be spilt, and men will be broken. What you do with power is your choice to make; your destiny is yours and yours alone to define. Create your own faction and make your mark on the galaxy.
How will you shape life after the Dominion?
Anything is possible in the galaxy of Face of Mankind: Fall of the Dominion, and it is up to you, the player, to decide how you want to play.. Every action you take will impact someone, somewhere, in some way. Evolve your character to its ultimate potential, whether that is the accumulation of wealth, power, social status, or all three, in the realistic and futuristic world of FoTD, set forth in the 24th+ century.
-> You are a criminal working to undermine the police from within. You spend a month working your way up through the ranks of the Law Enforcement Department while gaining the trust of everyone around you. However, you are secretly manipulating the faction members and attempting to destroy it internally, starting a coup.
-> You are a member of one of the largest corporations in the game, and that corporation owns half of the territory in the galaxy. You have a monopoly on all of the resources, and enemies do hourly attacks on your colonies in an attempt to capture them back.
-> You have just joined the game and know nothing about it. You pull out your gun and kill someone, trying to figure out how to play. That man is a leader of an enemy faction, and you have just started a war that will shake the very foundation of the game.
In Face of Mankind, the gameplay mechanics are all based around the principle of player interaction, and is almost exclusively player driven.
1. Open Faction System: Our game is built around player interaction with a strong toolset for players to organize themselves. Any player can create their own faction, and from there the world is theirs to explore.
Players can be given ranks by higher ranking players in the faction, giving them access to more administrative tools and abilities.
There are also player-run departments within these factions in which players can be organized based upon their role in the faction. Some factions might have tactical departments and departments dedicated to production, while others may have departments dedicated to selling drugs or extortion.
2. No Grinding: While player progression is important, any system that forces players to mindlessly repeat the same task for hours is out of the question. Our game features a time-based skill system, which allows you to simply select the skill you want to progress and continue to play while it progresses.
3. No Classes: Face of Mankind features a broad skill system, rather than a very vertical one. This means that everything you progress is defined purely by your own interests, without any mechanically defined role telling you what to do. Theoretically, you could even have every skill in the game if you play long enough.
4. Player-driven Economy: Get immersed in the vast economy of Face of Mankind, complete with its own virtual currency called Universal Credits (also known as "UC" by the community). The economy bends to the will of the players, with all that they do defining the pricing and availability of items. Most items in the game are crafted by players and then auctioned or sold to others. The economy of Face of Mankind is that which would be expected in a living, breathing, virtual universe.
5. Open PvP/Active Combat System: Not wanting to conform to what everything else on the market is, our core combat system is that of a twitch-based first/third person shooter. Few places in the universe are safe, but we have systems in place to allow users some level of protection. Place a bounty on them if you feel wronged, and someone is sure to exact your sweet sweet revenge.
6. Persistent Universe: Our universe is vast, ready for the players to conquer. The game features a persistent universe where everything you do leaves a footprint long after you log off.
7. True Weight of Player Actions: Everything you do within the game comes with a consequence. These consequences cannot be escaped, and everything you do leaves a lasting impact on the game world. No argument or friendship will ever go unheard, and every experience will be different than the last.
8. Crime and Punishment: With the fall of the old dominion, came the fall of order. Now the law and punishment equally are up to your discretion as a player. Will you take over the prison colonies and declare your own police state across the galaxy, or will you become a ruthless bounty hunter who doesn’t care about anything, but the wealth that comes from order?
9. Territory System: The territory system allows factions to capture almost any area in the game world in the name of their faction. Once captured, the owning faction can place down objects to customize their new territory. These objects range from market vendors to slot machines and almost everything in between. Your factions name is also displayed upon owning the territory. Set taxes, remove access, drive conflict and milk the economy. It’s all up to you!
10. Roleplay: The most unique aspect of Face of Mankind: Fall of the Dominion is the way that these mechanics interact to create an experience unlike anything you have had before. While at first glance the game may seem relatively simple, once you immerse yourself in the game universe, you will never want to quit.
How to try the game
If you would like to try out Face of Mankind, you can play for free by registering an account on our website and downloading the game client for free through Steam. There is no time limit in regards to how long you can access the game like some other MMO's, but rather there are some functional limitations. We strongly recommend purchasing one of the above bundles/DLC options as they are better deals than on our website and it helps with development. Some of the differences between free and premium accounts are listed here: http://www.faceofmankind.com/content/comparison
Purchasing the game on Steam unlocks additional features and helps support the continued development of the game.